GT Series Cross Drilled 2-Piece Rotor Front Big Brake Kit (1M1.8046A1) by Brembo. 6-Piston Monobloc Caliper. Outside Diameter: 355mm (13.98"). Thickness: 32mm (1.26"). Rotor Construction: 2-Piece. Rotor Type: Vented. Caliper Construction: Fixed. Caliper Color: Black. Quantity: 1 Pair.
Upgrade your OE (Original Equipment) brakes to Brembo, the world’s finest braking system. With Brembo you’ll get improved pedal feel, modulation, and control of braking performance from initial application through ABS intervention. Large diameter rotors and rigid, fixed multi-piston calipers greatly improve brake performance, heat dissipation and reduce brake fade. This kit is easy to install and will work seamlessly with your factory master cylinder, ABS, and traction control system.
- Optimum brake performance, balance, heat dissipation and fade resistance
- Designed specifically for your vehicle and driving conditions
- Motorsports derived components and technology
- Lightweight components reduce unsprung weight
- Lightweight 2-piece floating slotted brake discs
- Floating anti-rattle hardware minimizes noise
- Lightweight aluminum multi-piston fixed calipers
- High performance brake pads with application specific friction material
- Pad retaining system minimizes brake noise and facilitates pad changes
- Precision milled billet caliper mounting brackets
- Abrasion and corrosion resistant Goodridge braided steel brake lines
- Comes complete with all necessary mounting hardware and comprehensive instructions
- Fully compatible with your car’s master cylinder, ABS and traction control system
- 2-year limited warranty
- Slots help to increase pad bite and improve air circulation
- Slots create an escape route for debris, dust, gases, and water
- Slots clean and de-glaze pad surface for optimum pad coefficient of friction
- 2-Piece rotors offer great weight savings and provide rapid heat dissipation compared to 1-piece rotors
- Floating rotor design provides better contact of rotor blade and pad
- Vented type of rotors offer much faster heat dissipation
- Multi-piston calipers provide clamping force on both sides of the rotor at the same time and uniformly transfer braking force to the brake pads
- Caliper pistons are hollow to save weight
- Aluminum caliper body allows for exceptional light weight (up to 40% of weight savings) and ensures superior corrosion resistance
- Caliper heat-resistant coating prevent cracking and fading
Your high performance car should stop as well as it goes; unfortunately your stock brake system isn’t up to the task. Sure, it’s okay for casual driving, but push your car through the twistys on a deserted road, or take your car to a track day, and it won’t be long before you’re experiencing brake fade, poor pedal feel, and increased stopping distances. Get the high performance braking system you and your car deserve, Brembo, the world’s best. Brembo engineers design each brake system upgrade for the specific vehicle and driving conditions. They put the optimum combination together based on a thorough knowledge of OE braking systems and the use of an unlimited range of caliper, piston, friction material, and disc combinations. With a Brembo system you’ll experience improved pedal feel, better brake modulation, and improved brake performance. Braking action will be noticeably more immediate and decisive, and it will remain consistent even during race track use. And a Brembo system is easy to install. It comes with everything required for installation, and it’s fully compatible with your car’s master cylinder, ABS and traction control system.
The Brembo brake system starts with large, lightweight, 2-piece floating slotted brake discs, to reduce unsprung weight and increase brake torque and heat dissipation. The cast iron discs are made from a proprietary cast iron alloy, which enables them to last much longer than comparable high performance and racing discs. They’re slotted to continually clean and refresh the pad surface, shed water and debris, prevent gas build-up, and provide increased durability under extreme braking conditions. They’re also vented for cooling and resistance to brake fade and zinc coated to give them an attractive corrosion resistant finish. For lightness and performance, the cast iron disc is attached to a precision milled billet aluminum center section, using Brembo’s proprietary floating hardware. These fasteners, called “bobbins”, allow the disc to “float” in both radial and axial directions, enabling the disc to expand and contract according to temperature variations. Brembo’s unique anti-rattle disc hardware eliminates the noise usually associated with floating discs.
Most OE calipers are sliding calipers, with pistons only on the inboard side of the brake disc. They’re inexpensive to make, but very heavy and flexible during braking, which results in poor brake performance. In contrast, Brembo calipers are made of lightweight aluminum alloy, which allows them to be made larger and stiffer. The Brembo caliper is also mounted in a fixed position over the rotor, with multiple opposed caliper pistons that act on the brake pads with more precision. The multiple pistons are sequentially sized for even brake pad wear. Brembo’s Quick Release Pad Retaining System is designed for quick and easy pad changes and incorporates an anti-rattle feature to eliminate noise. The brake pad friction material is a proprietary compound developed especially for Brembo, and specially selected for each application. The caliper mounting brackets are specifically designed for each application, then precision machined from billet material and anodized for an attractive, durable finish. Brembo calipers are also available in your choice of colors.
The Brembo calipers are connected to your car’s hydraulic system with Goodridge brake hoses. Goodridge is the only brake hose system approved for use in every country in the world. The hose consists of a PTFE (Teflon) inner hose covered by braided stainless steel, which provides a firm pedal and eliminates the “spongy” feel that is often felt with stock rubber brake hoses. With Goodridge, you can be assured that every inch of pressure from the pedal is transferred to the caliper. Every Brembo Brake Kit includes all the hardware necessary for installation, and comes with detailed and comprehensive instructions. Brembo warrants to the original user that this brake kit is free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase.
In its 50 years of existence, Brembo has secured a prestigious place for itself in the automotive braking system sector. This position can only be held through continuous innovation in products and services, maintaining the highest possible quality levels, offering competitive prices and focusing the utmost attention on safety, individual and public health and respect for the environment. The group's Quality, Safety and Environment policy expresses Brembo's commitment to client satisfaction and ongoing improvement.